Moxy Hotels to bring style and spirit to Bergen
April 18th, 2018
In 2020, Moxy Hotels is opening its doors to its bold and playful brand in Bergen, the second property in Norway. After the successful opening of Moxy Oslo X, the funky hotel is ready to expand further by launching a 190-room property on the harbor front in Bergen. The hotel is expected to open in May 2020.
Moxy Hotels confirms second location in Norway
Moxy Hotels, a vibrant and experiential hotel brand, is set to open in the heart of Bergen, a world heritage city and the gateway to the fjords of Norway. Moxy Bergen will be characterized by a vibrant, playful design, providing the perfect location to explore the city’s culture. In true Moxy style, Moxy Bergen will be full of playful communal spaces and a buzzing bar, offering an affordable hangout spot for travelers and locals alike. Behind the hotel project is local property developer and owner, GC Rieber Eiendom AS.
White label operator
Core Hospitality is a newly established Danish white label hotel operator as well as a sister company to Zleep Hotels, a Danish economy brand. Core Hospitality is independent of brands, thus ensuring it can operate everything from hostels to full-service hotels. As a sister company to Zleep Hotels, several synergies are created as Core Hospitality can draw on the strong, centralized organization. Core Hospitality was established in the last quarter of 2017. The company will also be operating the Moxy hotel that is opening in Copenhagen in 2019. Furthermore, it acquired the operations of Hotel Marina, north of Copenhagen, and has quickly established itself as a strong operator in the Nordics.
Peter Haaber, CEO of Core Hospitality A/S, says, “This is a wonderful opportunity for us. To be able to enter the Norwegian market with an exciting brand like Moxy is quite unique; not in the least because we get to introduce an international brand in such an important destination as Bergen. GC Rieber Eiendom AS, who owns the property and will develop the hotel, have been very professional and competent owners in that they have showed huge interest in the development of a sustainable hotel product. It is a big day for us and a big honor to be part of this development of the hotel and of Bergen’s hotel market.”
Moxy Hotels is a fun and youthful brand owned by the world’s largest hotel group, Marriott International. Moxy is a millennial-focused brand, which is reflected in the combination of bold design and affordable style where communal engagement is at the center of the experience. The Moxy experience begins with a complimentary ‘Got Moxy’ cocktail upon arrival in the bright and buzzing lobby. The entire ground floor invites guests to relax, meet up with friends, and work in fun environments. The 190 rooms are outfitted with sound-reducing walls, 42″ LCD flat screen televisions, free WiFi, USB ports, and comfortable bedding. The room design is functional, flexible and uncluttered with simple, thoughtful touches. Read more about the Moxy concept.
- Moxy Bergen is expected to open 190 rooms in May 2020.
- Moxy Hotels is Marriott International’s millennial-focused brand
- Moxy Hotels opened its first hotel in Milan in 2014 and has since opened a total of 20 hotels worldwide and have over 90 properties in its development pipeline.
- GC Rieber develops and owns the hotel property.
- GC Rieber has investments in shipping and properties and have grown to 800 employees across the world in the past 135 years.
- Core Hospitality is a Danish white label hotel operator with Nordic ambitions.
- The operating company is independent of brands, and thus cooperating with both the world’s largest brands and local private investors.
- Core Hospitality will also be operating Moxy Copenhagen, opening in 2019.
- Zleep Hotels is a sister company of Core Hospitality.
CEO & Founder
+45 51 57 87 00
- October 23rd, 2018
- September 13th, 2018
- April 30th, 2018
- April 26th, 2018
- March 1st, 2018
- October 24th, 2017
- October 23rd, 2017